1/1 Photo of Cheesy Baked Potato and Bacon Soup
1 hr 15 mins
1 hr 15 mins
This soup really hits the spot on cool days served with crusty buns and butter!
My Private Note
cups (a ...
Units: US | Metric
- 5 large russet potatoes
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 -2 stalk celery, diced (optional)
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 1 quart half-and-half cream
- 3 cups milk
- salt and black pepper
- 3/4 cup old cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese (can use less)
- 8 -10 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- parmesan cheese, for topping
- grated cheddar cheese, for topping
- 1Bake the potatoes in the oven until fork-tender (about 1 hour) cool and remove the peel.
- 2Place the potatoes in a bowl and mash using a fork.
- 3Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat; add in onion, garlic and celery (if using) saute until tender.
- 4Add in flour and cayenne and stir until smooth.
- 5Add in the mashed potatoes, half and half cream and milk; cook over low heat until thoroughly heated.
- 6Add in 3/4 cup grated cheddar cheese, 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese and half of the cooked crumbled bacon; stir until the cheese has melted and the soup is heated through.
- 7Season soup with salt and black pepper.
- 8Ladle into serving bowls; sprinkle with remaining crumbled bacon and more cheddar cheese or Parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Baked Potato and Bacon Soup
Serving Size: 1 (4004 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 385.0
- Calories from Fat 189
- Total Fat 21.1 g
- Saturated Fat 12.4 g
- Cholesterol 64.9 mg
- Sodium 306.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 12.8 g