Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This casserole can be made ahead. Recipe is from Woman's Day.
- 12 ounces bow tie pasta
- 1 (12 ounce) bag broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, plus more for the dish
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced mushrooms
- 4 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (5 ounce) bag Baby Spinach
- 1 1⁄4 cups Fontina cheese, grated
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus 2 T
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F; butter a shallow 3-quart baking dish.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions, adding the broccoli during the last 3 minutes of cooking; drain and return the broccoli and pasta to the pot.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large deep skillet over medium heat.
- Add shallots and mushrooms and saute until tender, 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together milk, flour, salt and pepper.
- Pour into skillet and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 5 minutes; stir in spinach.
- Remove from heat and stir in 1 cup of the fontina and 1/3 cup of Parmesan.
- Pour sauce into pot with pasta and broccoli and toss to coat.
- Transfer to the prepared baking dish and sprinkle with remaining fontina and Parmesan.
- Bake until the cheese melts and is beginning to brown, about 10 minutes.
- FIX IT NOW, SERVE LATER:.
- After transferring pasta and sauce to baking dish, let casserole cool fr 10 minutes and cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate up to 3 days.
- On the night you'd like to serve it, remove casserole from refrigerator and replace plastic wrap with nonstick aluminum foil.
- Bake in a 425 degree oven for 30 minutes; uncover and bake until beginning to brown, about 10 minutes.
Very good. Made just as instructed. Company loved it, I think the Fontina cheese was perfect for this dish. Made for tag forum.