1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 10 mins
This is not very fancy, but it sure does taste good! It's what I came up with after my kids refused to eat fish sticks and frozen breaded fish filets...I've tried it with fresh bass and perch, but my favorite is made with Orange Roughy (less fishy-tasting and economical, I think...) NOTE: 60 minutes of the prep time is 60 minutes of marinating time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Make sure fillets are in even-sized serving pieces. Cover fillets with water and add lemon juice. Marinate 1 hour. Drain filets and pat dry with paper towls.
- 2Mix seasonings and cheese cracker crumbs in a flat bowl.
- 3Put melted oleo in another flat bowl.
- 4Dip each filet in melted oleo and then into crumb mixture.
- 5Line a cookie sheet with foil and spread crumbly fillets on top.
- 6Bake in a pre-heated 400 degree oven for 20-25 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fillets.
Browse Our Top Orange Roughy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Orange Roughy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Baked Orange Roughy
Serving Size: 1 (108 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 217.6
- Calories from Fat 103
- Total Fat 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 90.1 mg
- Sodium 449.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 20.0 g