Recipe by Stacky5
This is not very fancy, but it sure does taste good! It's what I came up with after my kids refused to eat fish sticks and frozen breaded fish filets...I've tried it with fresh bass and perch, but my favorite is made with Orange Roughy (less fishy-tasting and economical, I think...) NOTE: 60 minutes of the prep time is 60 minutes of marinating time.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs orange roughy fillets (If using frozen, then thaw first)
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup crumbled cheese crackers (I use Cheese Nips and finely crush them in a big baggie)
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Make sure fillets are in even-sized serving pieces. Cover fillets with water and add lemon juice. Marinate 1 hour. Drain filets and pat dry with paper towls.
- Mix seasonings and cheese cracker crumbs in a flat bowl.
- Put melted oleo in another flat bowl.
- Dip each filet in melted oleo and then into crumb mixture.
- Line a cookie sheet with foil and spread crumbly fillets on top.
- Bake in a pre-heated 400 degree oven for 20-25 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fillets.