1/1 Photo of Cheesy Baked Ham Omelet Squares
This is wonderful to serve at a brunch, the Tabasco is only optional I add it in for an extra boost of flavor -- you may use cooked crumbled sausage meat in place of the ham, feel free to add in frozen broccoli, olives, jalapeno pepper or whatever you wish --- you are going to *love* this! :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 (12 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, well drained
- 2 -3 cups cooked cubed ham
- 12 large eggs, beaten (or use extra-large eggs)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder (yes! baking powder)
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt or 1/2 teaspoon white salt
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce (optional and to taste) or 1 dash hot sauce (optional and to taste)
- 1Set oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2Butter a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- 3Sprinkle 1-1/2 cups cheddar cheese, mushrooms and ham on the bottom of the baking dish; set aside.
- 4Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat; add in onion and green bell pepper and cook until softened (about 3-4 minutes) then sprinkle the mixture on top of the ham in the baking dish.
- 5In a bowl whisk the eggs with baking powder cream, salt, pepper and Tabasco until well blended; pour over the ingredients in the dish (do not stir).
- 6Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes or until the eggs are no longer runny and the center is set and top is slightly browned.
- 7Sprinkle top of the casserole with 1-1/2 cups cheddar cheese, you may stick the pan back in the oven for a couple of minutes to melt the cheese or the cheese will still melt is sprinkled on right our of the oven.
- 8Cool then cut into squares.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Baked Ham Omelet Squares
Serving Size: 1 (205 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 368.9
- Calories from Fat 262
- Total Fat 29.1 g
- Saturated Fat 16.0 g
- Cholesterol 382.5 mg
- Sodium 429.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 22.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: