Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
My husband grew up in the South...being a Midwesterner, I had never eaten Grits. This has become my favorite side dish with beef and pork. Got it from an Amish recipe book called "Recipes from Family and Friends".
- 1 cup grits, uncooked
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter (I use a litte less)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 can cream of chicken soup
- Cook the grits according to package directions.
- Stir in margarine/butter, then soup, then eggs.
- Fold in cheese, reserving a little for the top.
- Sprinkle reserved cheese on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees until firm.
I was raised on grits being from Georgia and now I'm a Texan. This was a excellent recipe and had a good taste to it.