Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Yummy baked pasta dish! A twist from the traditional baked ziti. The bacon gives it an extra kick!
- 1 lb fettuccine pasta
- 1 lb bacon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup colby-monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook pasta until al dente according to package directions.
- In a large saucepan or grill pan, cook bacon until very crisp.
- Remove bacon from pan and chop into small pieces.
- Using the same pan, add onion and garlic and sauté until browned.
- In a large bowl, mix the mozzarella, Colby jack, and ricotta cheeses. Remove and reserve ½ cup of the cheese mix.
- In the same large bowl, add bacon, diced tomatoes, onion and garlic mix, marinara and all spices. Blend well. Add drained pasta and toss completely.
- Spread the reserved cheese mix across the top.
- Spread the butter along the bottom and sides of a large casserole pan.
- Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes.
- Uncover and bake an additional 10 minutes.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
We like this. It was kinda like a bakes spaghetti dish. I omitted the red pepper since i have kids. thought it was a little dry so next time i will add more sauce. thanks for sharing!