Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This takes no time at all to make, and makes a great weekend brunch! Serve this over toated English muffin halves, it's delicious! For this recipe use the thin-sliced bacon (uncooked) you can use the thicker sliced but you will have to partailly cook it first before using in this dish..
- Set oven to 400 degrees (oven rack set to bottom position).
- Lightly grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Place the uncooked thin bacon slices evenly into the bottom of the baking dish.
- Sprinkle the Swiss cheese on top of the bacon.
- Break the eggs over the cheese (spacing evenly).
- Pour the whipping cream over the eggs, then sprinkle with salt and black pepper.
- Bake at 424 degrees (bottom oven rack) for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven then sprinkle with parmesan cheese then paprika; return to oven for another 8-10 minutes or until set.
- Let stand for about 10 minutes before serving.
I divided this in thirds to make. The first casserole I made as directed using 5 slices bacon, 4 eggs 1/3 cup cream, 2/3 cup swiss and about 1/8 cup parm cheese in a 8x8 pan, and served it over english muffins, DS and DD#1 loved it and both thought it did resemble eggs benedict. It is very rich and filling. I am not a lover of eggs with yolks I can see, (I know Im wierd) so I made another 8x8 casserole with 5 slices bacon, 2/3 cup swiss, 4 eggs, slightly beaten, 1/3 cup cream over the top and the parm. This was good and rich also. DS liked them both. I would like to try it with a thin canadian bacon or ham. Wither way this is a great casserole and very quick to put together. This smaller casseroles did not take the full 10 minutes at 425, more like 8 minutes. Thanks Kitten!