Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
I found this in a cookbook called 1000 Classic and it has been a family favorite ever since. Quick, easy, cheap and really delicious!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 tablespoons of english whole grain mustard (I use whatever brown mustard I have on hand)
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives (chopped)
- Mix the milk and mustard in a bowl. Mix the cheese with the flour and chives on a plate.
- Dip the chicken in the wet mixture coating evenly. Use a pastry brush if needed.
- Dip chicken into cheese mixture pressing to coat them evenly.
- Place on a cookie sheet and top with any spare cheese mixture.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Goes wonderfully with any side dish.
This is absolurely a wonderful dish. I also doubled the sauce because we are "saucy" people and love lots of sauce. The chicken breasts were moist, juicy and tender. Great recipe, Marashin, thanks for sharing it.
My chicken breasts were rather thick, so I would double the mustard sauce the next time. I would also either use foil on the pan or grease it. Our granddaughter, who is a picky eater, ate her whole chicken breast. My husband had another half one for seconds.