Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Adapted from a recipe in Real Simple magazine, this bakes up crunchy and moist.Use the cheddar flavored Flipside crackers for extra cheesy flavor. I make this when I'm making Baked Mac & Cheese, and top it with the leftover crumb mixture too! Steamed broccoli is a perfect compliment to the other two dishes. I used Flipside crackers (townhouse crackers with pretzel on one side), but plain ol' Ritz, Townhouse or Club crackers will do.
- 25 flipside crackers, crushed
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 6 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 4 -6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Combine the crackers, cheese, garlic, salt and pepper in a large zip-top bag.
- Melt butter and place in a shallow bowl.
- Dip each chicken breast in the melted butter, then drop into the bag and shake until completely covered, pressing the mixture against the chicken.
- Place in a greased casserole dish.
- Repeat with remaining chicken pieces.
- Top lightly with remaining crumb mixture.
- Drizzle with any remaining butter.
- Bake uncovered at 350 for 30 minutes.
I saw a similar recipe on a OAMC blog. To make ahead/freezer meal - Prepare the chicken as directed. After coating it in the cracker mixture, place chicken in a gallon sized freezer bag, seal and freeze flat in your freezer. When ready to prepare, place on a baking sheet and drizzle with melted butter. Bake as directed above from frozen until cooked through, possibly 30-35 minutes depending on thickness.