Recipe by True Texas
This recipe was published in our hometown newspaper. Can use chicken breast, just cut back on the amount of cheese nips. I also think that maybe an egg will help the crackers stick a little better. This has a really good crispy taste.
Top Review by ITRIEDIT
I tried it and it was really good. The only change I will make next time is to use olive oil and use a really thick amount of cheese itz as I would like a thicker crust. I also only needed to bake mine for about 30 mins. on 325 before it was done. But this was quite yummy! Two thumbs up! Thanks for sharing.
- 1 roasting chicken, cut up
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (8 ounce) package cheese nips
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- garlic powder or salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Crush the cheese nips to fine crumbs.
- Place chicken into a bowl and add oil coating each piece.
- Add garlic powder or salt and pepper to crumbs; stir.
- Take chicken out 1 piece at a time and roll in cracker crumbs. Place onto ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees. Turn the chicken over after 30 minutes.