Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A Tasty Vegetable Side Dish from South Beach Diet's "Daily Dish" (Phase 1). Artichokes baked gratin-style are creamy and delicious. Using the frozen hearts makes this recipe a breeze to prepare
- 2 (9 ounce) packages frozen artichoke hearts
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons ground pecans
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning, crushed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 375°F Coat a 9" glass pie plate with cooking spray.
- Place the artichokes in a colander and rinse well with cold water to separate. Drain well, then pat dry with paper towels. Place in the prepared pie plate and sprinkle with the lemon juice.
- In a small bowl, combine the pecans, cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic, and oil. Sprinkle the mixture evenly over the artichokes.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until the topping is golden.
This was delicious! I used almonds because that's what I had handy. The crumb topping wasn't very "cheesy" in a stretchy mozzarella kind of way, but it was very flavorful! I plan to make this again for a party this weekend, with mushrooms mixed in to beef up the content. Yum!