Recipe by MeliBug
I was really craving some fajitas and just used anything I found in the fridge. They came out so good and wouldn't make em any different! Now they're a favorite dish of mine!
- 6 ounces grilled chicken breast strips (1 package)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 onion
- 1 tomatoes
- 2 slices bacon
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 lime
- 2 cups salsa (optional)
- 2 cups sour cream (optional)
- 2 cups guacamole (optional)
- 4 flour tortillas
- garlic salt
- extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Place pan over medium heat. Drizzle extra virgin olive oil into pan. Place both garlic cloves into pan. Let them soak in evoo until browned.
- While letting garlic cloves soak, cut bacon into small strips or into bacon bits. (I suggested 2 strips but use feel free to add more or use less. depends how bacony you like your food). Slice onion into strips. Dice tomato.
- Once garlic cloves are browned, remove them from pan and discard. Place cut bacon strips or bacon bits into pan and start to cook them.
- Once bacon has begun to cook, add onion. Cook a bit longer then add the chicken. Begin to season to taste by adding salt, pepper, and garlic salt.
- On separate pan or grill, begin to heat tortillas. When each one is done, place them on a plate and fold them in a towel to keep them warm. Do this while cooking fajitas.
- Once bacon and chicken look like they are almost done and onions look golden, throw in tomato. (I only used half a tomato but feel free to use the whole tomato). Saute and stir all ingredients and squeeze half the lime into mix. Add more seasoning if needed.
- Once food looks ready, sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over fajitas. Cook another minute then turn off heat.
- Serve fajitas on plate. Also serve warm flour tortillas. If you'd like, serve the fajitas with salsa, sour cream, and/or guacamole on the side. Serve with lime wedges and enjoy!