Recipe by 921195
Working at a pizza shop in high school, I loved a recipe similar to this. After years of trying to duplicate it, I think I've come about as close as I'm going to get, and I love it. There are many variations on ingredients that will make it healthier, but I suggest trying the original first since it is sinfully delicious.
Top Review by KellyMac6
Everyone loved this. I loved how easy it was to prepare! Two of my guests preferred this warmed and I preferrred it with the addition of some Frank's Red Hot. Also, I thought that red onions might make a nice addition to the dish. In the future I will probably add the cheese to the totrtellinis as quickly as I can while they are still hot so that the cheese melts. Overall though this is a very versatile recipe that will be served at my table again and again.
- 1 (20 ounce) package cheese tortellini
- 1 lb bacon
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) package cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup ranch dressing (more may be used according to personal preference)
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice bacon into thin strips (1/2 - 1 inches in width). Separate slices and place into a preheated frying pan.
- While bacon is browning, prepare the tortellini's according to the package's directions. When the tortellini's are fully cooked, run under cool water, drain, and set aside to cool.
- When the bacon is fully cooked, carefully drain the grease and spread the bacon pieces onto paper towels to remove excess grease. Set aside to cool.
- Slice the tomatoes in half.
- In a large bowl, combine the tortellini's, bacon, tomatoes, cheese and ranch dressing. Stir to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate at least one hour, but as much as 2 days.
- When ready to serve, you may add the extra ranch dressing if you wish.