Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Working at a pizza shop in high school, I loved a recipe similar to this. After years of trying to duplicate it, I think I've come about as close as I'm going to get, and I love it. There are many variations on ingredients that will make it healthier, but I suggest trying the original first since it is sinfully delicious.
- Slice bacon into thin strips (1/2 - 1 inches in width). Separate slices and place into a preheated frying pan.
- While bacon is browning, prepare the tortellini's according to the package's directions. When the tortellini's are fully cooked, run under cool water, drain, and set aside to cool.
- When the bacon is fully cooked, carefully drain the grease and spread the bacon pieces onto paper towels to remove excess grease. Set aside to cool.
- Slice the tomatoes in half.
- In a large bowl, combine the tortellini's, bacon, tomatoes, cheese and ranch dressing. Stir to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate at least one hour, but as much as 2 days.
- When ready to serve, you may add the extra ranch dressing if you wish.
Everyone loved this. I loved how easy it was to prepare! Two of my guests preferred this warmed and I preferrred it with the addition of some Frank's Red Hot. Also, I thought that red onions might make a nice addition to the dish. In the future I will probably add the cheese to the totrtellinis as quickly as I can while they are still hot so that the cheese melts. Overall though this is a very versatile recipe that will be served at my table again and again.
Love this recipe...I added pieces of cucumber and grilled chicken. Took it to a BBQ and it was a hit!
OMG!!! Made this last night, it was amazing!!! Can't stop talking about it.