Recipe by FoodMedic
My own spruced-up version of the typical restaurant-style hashbrown casserole. Hope you enjoy!
Top Review by Chef GreanEyes
sorry! made 2 batches for our 2013 annual family butchering and there was nothing left to take a picture of!! everyone loved and was not a drop left. Thanks for a great side dish!! next time I will change as many ingredients as I can to low/no fat.
- 2 lbs shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed and drained
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped and sauteed
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup bacon bits
- 2 cups cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 3 tablespoons dry ranch dressing mix