Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
A nice twist on the classic mashed potatoes!
- 4 cups mashed potatoes, hot
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Mix all ingredients together and serve warm.
- Suggestion: Use your leftover mashed potatoes for this recipe. Simply warm them with a little extra milk before mixing the other ingredients inches.
I made this recipe on 8/5/2011 for the " Stop and Color "Event in the Food Photo Forum.Other than cutting the recipe down for just two,the recipe was made as written(except I forgot to get green onions@the store ).The taste reminded me of a loaded baked potato and which when made this way,is a much quicker way to get that taste.Thanks for posting and, " Keep Smiling :) "
I'd give this dish more stars if I could . Absolutely delicious! I used a Cabot sharp cheddar. :)
Baby, its cold outside, and having been out in it all day, I was so hungry I could of spit nails. Instead, I got the leftover mash taters' out from the icebox, (from Thanksgiving) microwaved some bacon strips up, and now....delved into this classic potato dish. I followed this exactly! No need to change a thing, except you add a fork, cause it would be messy eating with your hands. Made for PRMR Holiday Special.Novembre 2009