Top Review by meadow
These are very good muffins with interesting flavors melding together. The muffins are moist and slightly sweet, but the bacon brings out a smoky and salty taste. The flavors all work well together. I will make these again. Thank you, Meadow
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 6 fluid ounces milk
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 6 slices bacon, crisp-cooked,drained and crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease muffin cups and the top of the muffin pan.
- Sprinkle with cornmeal.
- In a bowl, stir the flour, shredded cheese, sugar, baking powder, salt and ground pepper together.
- Make a well in the center of the mixture.
- Combine the egg, milk and oil in a small bowl.
- Add the egg mixture all at once to the flour mixture, stirring just until moistened.
- (The batter should be lumpy).
- Fold in crumbled bacon.
- Fill prepared cups even with the top of the muffin pan.
- Bake in a 400°F oven for 20 to 25 minutes (or until muffins are golden).
- Remove muffins from pan and serve warm.