Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Just whipped this up with some leftover chicken and parsley. Yum!
- 8 inches whole wheat pita bread
- 3 large eggs
- 3 slices cooked bacon (chopped)
- 3 ounces cooked chicken (chopped)
- 3 tablespoons cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1 tablespoon parsley (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon garlic (crushed)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Warm eggs to room temperature.
- Prepare and set aside filling by mixing chicken, bacon and cheese
- Mix eggs, parsley, garlic, onion powder and water just until well combined.
- Warm pita in toaster, cut in half and open pocket.
- Heat 6 to 8-inch pan just until drops of water sizzle.
- Mix chopped chicken, bacon and cheese so that the filling is prepared.
- Swirl butter in pan to coat.
- Pour in egg mixture and stir for 5 seconds.
- Gently lift set parts of the omelet to allow uncooked mixture to run underneath for about 30-60 seconds.
- Add filling on half of omelet and gently fold over other half.
- Leave on low heat until cheese is at least partially melted.
- Carefully cut omelet in half and put inside pita pocket.