- 6 slices bacon
- 3 lbs ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 (2 1/2 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups shredded medium cheddar (8 ounces)
- 8 hamburger buns
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry bacon in a large skillet until crisp.
- Drain bacon; crumble and set aside.
- Drain off all bacon drippings.
- Add ground beef to skillet and brown; drain.
- Stir in bacon, onion, ketchup, mushrooms, salt and pepper.
- Cover and simmer 10 to 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle cheese over top, and heat until cheese melts.
- To serve, spoon over split hamburger buns.