Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 mins
This is an easy appetizer to make up, and is great for a crowd.
- 1 lb diced bacon
- 1 lb shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 medium onion, diced
- Worcestershire sauce, to taste
- Cook bacon in fry pan until almost crispy.
- Drain bacon on paper towels.
- Mix together all ingredients.
- Spread on cocktail rye bread slices and broil until cheese melts.
Well, we were not a crowd but it was a fabulous lunch on Italian bread! I cooked the onions til they were caramelized and I liked it a lot that way!
I combined all the ingredients and spread on sourdough bread to accompany Sunday lunch. I only used a few dashes of worcestershire, just enough to give a little flavor to the spread. Super easy to make and tasted very good.