Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a delicious and easy to prepare recipe that you will love! Irondesert.com helped me come up with the idea. They use jalepenos, but I prefer banana peppers.
- 6 -10 fresh banana peppers
- 8 ounces shredded monterey jack pepper cheese
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 1⁄2 slices of thick cut bacon
- 6 -10 toothpicks
- 1 kabob skewer
- 1 baking sheet (and 1 bread pan)
- Cut the tops off of all the peppers and discard stems.
- Remove insides of peppers with a paring knife being careful not to puncture the peppers.
- Stuff each pepper with a mixture of the cheeses until they are full to the top.
- Cut each slice of bacon into 3 sections.
- Wrap the small section of bacon over the top of each pepper securing with a toothpick on the sides to create a "lid" for the peppers.
- Stick your kabob skewer through all the peppers width-wise (near the top or widest part of the pepper).
- Set the peppers upright in the bread pan so the cheese will not seep out as it melts. (The skewer will help prop them up).
- Set the pan of peppers on a baking sheet in case any grease drippings occur from the bacon.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes at 400 degrees or until the bacon is crisp.
Excellent! Hubby loved this! So easy.
Welcome to Zaar! I just tried your recipe and it is tasty. It's also fun and easy to prepare. Thank you for this really different idea for peppers.