Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Delicious and easy. Tastes even better the next day. Thanks to my friend - for this recipe.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 bacon, rashers thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced (200g)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 medium zucchini, coarsely grated (240g)
- 2 medium carrots, coarsely grated (240g)
- 1⁄2 cup self-raising flour
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- Grease a 19cm square cake pan (or similar sized round pan), line base with baking paper.
- Heat oil in large pan, add bacon, onion and garlic, cook, stirring until onion is soft.
- Add vegetables and cook, stirring, about 5 mins or until any liquid is evaporated; cool.
- Combine vegetable mixture with sifted flour and remaining ingredients in a medium bowl; mix well.
- Spread mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake in moderate oven for about 30 mins or until firm.
I thought I had already reviewed this but I haven't, so ... I love this recipe and use it all the time. It is delicious and is good for any meal of the day! Thanks, Ivana! "IVANA" kiss you for posting this! :)
So easy and delicious!! Also went with the minced garlic (jar). Terrific recipe which i will use often. Thanks for sharing :)
My Dh loved this slice said it was one great reason for joining this site