Prep 35 mins
Cook 45 mins
From a magazine; family favorite.
Make and share this Cheesy Bacon and Ham Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 lb bacon
- 1⁄2 lb chopped cooked ham
- 3⁄4 cup quick-cooking grits
- 1 (16 ounce) packageshredded Velveeta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Cook bacon in skillet until crisp; remove bacon, and drain on paper towels, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings in skillet.
- Crumble bacon; set aside.
- Cook ham in reserved drippings in skillet over medium heat until browned.
- Cook grits according to package directions.
- Remove from heat, and stir in cheese and butter until melted.
- Stir in bacon, ham, eggs, and remaining ingredients.
- Pour into a lightly greased 13x9 inch baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until set.