Recipe by gwynn
This is a scrumptous and cheezy green bean casserole. It doesn't take but minutes to fix. Great for Thanksgiving or Christmas.
- 1⁄2 lb bacon (approx.)
- 16 ounces frozen green beans
- 1⁄2 lb sliced mushrooms
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 3⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) jar Cheese Whiz
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry bacon until crisp.
- Drain bacon, reserving 1/4 cup drippings.
- Crumble bacon and set aside 1/4 cup.
- Microwave beans as directed on package, drain well.
- Add onion and mushrooms to reserved bacon drippings and saute them in skillet over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Drain, Add bacon, hot cooked green beans and pepper,mixing all lightly.
- Spoon into 2 quart serving dish.
- Microwave Cheez Whiz as directed on label.
- Pour over green bean mixture.
- Sprinkle top with 1/4 cup of previously reserved bacon.