Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
This came about when I combined my cravings.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 slices raw bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground rosemary
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Turn oven to 350 degrees.
- Put boneless, skinless chicken breasts in a glass baking dish.
- In a small bowl combine oil, bacon, garlic, rosemary, and pepper, stirring until well blended.
- Spoon bacon mixture over chicken.
- Bake at 350º for 45-55 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Sprinkle with cheese 5-10 minutes before removing chicken from the oven.
- Serve right away.
This was okay, but it was missing something. Four cloves of garlic was too strong for the rest of the ingredients. The chicken turned out a little chewy, which I didn't expect with all the bacon drippings. I won't be making this one again, but it didn't ruin dinner either. It used up the items I had on hand. Handy recipe.
This was tasty. I would have given five stars, but the cooking time was too long. Against my judgment, I followed the time listed. The chicken turned out dry. I subbed turkey bacon with good results. I also subbed parsley for the rosemary. I will make again, but after I adjust the cooking time. Thanks for posting!
This recipe was wonderful. I've made it twice now. Like the other users, I didn't cook it quite as long. The first batch was WAY too garlic-y! However, I halved the amount of garlic, upped the bacon, cut back the cooking time and this is now one of our regular chicken recipes. Perfect for a low-carb diet. If you cut down on the bacon, it's not even that fatty!