Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
One of my most-often-requested-at-a-party recipes.
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 1⁄2 ounces double Gloucester cheese, crumbled or 3 1⁄2 ounces sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons snipped chives
- 5 fluid ounces table cream
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Fry bacon until crisp.
- Remove bacon and fry onion in bacon fat until soft; drain well.
- Place crumbled cheese into a food processor and add the bacon, chives, onion and a little cream.
- Blend until smooth, gradually adding remaining cream.
- Transfer to a small saucepan and heat gently.
- Stir in pepper to taste and serve warm.