Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
These potatoes go great with just about any meat dish! Yummy!
- 10 potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 4 cups milk
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup Velveeta cheese, cubed
- Boil potatoes for 15-20 minutes.
- Saute onions with salt, pepper, basil and thyme.
- Add flour to form a rue.
- Add milk, stir and cook until thick.
- Add cheese and continue stirring until melted.
- Pour over potatoes.
- Bake at 350 F for 45 minutes.
- Sprinkle top with the crumbled bacon!