Recipe by old1
If you like asparagus you'll love this. If you don't usually eat it you will now. Even the kids like this.
Top Review by Bonnie G #2
Made this to go with a smoked ham and recipe#239960 when we had company. I wanted something differant to do with asparagus and this was perfect. I made it the night before and just took out of the fridge and popped in the oven before dinner and that made for an easy dish that allowed me more time to visit with guest. I agree that 4 eggs are plenty and I used panko instead of cornflakes as that's what I had. Thanks old1, for posting.
- 1 lb asparagus
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups fresh corn flakes
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Hard boil the eggs.
- Cut asparagus into bite size pieces and parboil.
- Line a 2.5 litre casserole dish with asparagus, then sliced or chopped eggs.
- Melt 2 Tbsp butter in a nonstick saucepan.
- Add enough flour to make a thick paste.
- Add milk in stages, stirring constantly until all is thick and smooth.
- Add grated cheddar and stir until melted.
- Pour the cheese sauce over the asparagus and eggs.
- Melt 2 Tbsp butter in saucepan (use the same one, no need to wash it) and add the cornflakes.
- Mix until all are coated with butter.
- Sprinkle cornflakes over all and bake in the oven for 25 minutes at 350°F.
- Or you can put it in the microwave for about 5 minutes.