Take these to a cookout and watch them disappear!
Make and share this Cheesy Asparagus And Ham recipe from Food.com.
- In large skillet, melt butter, stir in flour, cook 1 minute.
- Slowly stir in milk, cook until bubbly.
- Add cheese, salt and pepper, mix well.
- Remove from heat.
- Put 3 pieces asparagus on each ham slice.
- Roll up and place in 13x9 baking pan.
- Cover with the cheese sauce.
- Sprinkle with crumbs.
- Bake at 375* for 20 minutes.
Full of cheesy goodness. The ham I used wasn't an especially good addition as I don't think it complimented the asparagus well. I used bacon on a few stalks as I ran out of ham and preferred the flavor.
Delicious. I substituted mozzarella for the cheddar to use what I had on hand, but I'm sure cheddar would be just as good. Will definitely make it again. Thanks.
These were really, really good!! There was a bit too much cheese sauce, for me, but the flavors were delightful. Will definitely make again next asparagus season.