- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 24 fresh asparagus, stalks
- 8 slices ham, i use thin sliced deli
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- In large skillet, melt butter, stir in flour, cook 1 minute.
- Slowly stir in milk, cook until bubbly.
- Add cheese, salt and pepper, mix well.
- Remove from heat.
- Put 3 pieces asparagus on each ham slice.
- Roll up and place in 13x9 baking pan.
- Cover with the cheese sauce.
- Sprinkle with crumbs.
- Bake at 375* for 20 minutes.