Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 35 mins
These look impressive, and they taste fantastic! They are somewhat labor-intensive, but well worth it!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, halved lengthwise
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese or 1 1⁄2 cups colby-monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 (6 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup seasoned dry bread crumb
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- Pound chicken breast pieces to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Mix cheese, mayo, onion, parsley, and mustard in a small mixing bowl.
- Cut artichoke hearts into bite-size pieces; stir into cheese mixture.
- Spread about 1/4 cup cheese mixture down center of each piece of chicken.
- Roll breasts up and secure with toothpicks.
- Mix flour, salt, and pepper in a shallow dish.
- Dip chicken into flour mixture to coat; set aside.
- Mix egg and water in a shallow dish.
- Place breadcrumbs in another shallow dish.
- Roll chicken into egg mixture, then into breadcrumbs, pressing in to coat thoroughly.
- Cover and refrigerate chicken about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place vegetable oil in 9x13 pan, and heat in oven for about 10 minutes.
- Using tongs, roll coated chicken in hot oil, then bake chicken in the pan for about 35 minutes, or until golden brown.