Recipe by Baby Kato
This is an old family favourite. I can't remember where I got the recipe, but I have been making these squares for 25 years. These spicy squares are excellent served hot or cold. If you are not a fan of alot of herbs, than please, add the amount you would prefer, this dish is very versatile.
Top Review by Izzblizz
These were good. I did cut back on the herbs and seasonings (including salt and pepper) to 1/2 tsp. However, even with only 1/2 tsp of salt, mine were really salty. Not sure if it was the brand of marinated artichokes I used, but next time would eliminate or only use a dash of salt.
- 2 (566.99 g) jar marinated artichokes
- 1 onion, small, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 118.29 ml breadcrumbs
- 473.18 ml old cheddar cheese, grated
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml white pepper
- 4.92 ml dried parsley
- 4.92 ml dried oregano
- 4.92 ml dried basil
- 4.92 ml dried thyme
- 4.92 ml dried rosemary
- 9.85 ml Tabasco sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Drain juice from one jar of artichokes into frying pan.
- Sauté onion and garlic in the artichoke juice, simmer and cool.
- Chop artichokes and mix with the cooled onions and garlic.
- Combine artichoke mixture, breadcrumbs, cheese, eggs, salt, pepper, parsley, oregano, basil, thyme, rosemary and Tabasco sauce together until well blended.
- Pour the artichoke mixture into a greased 8x8-inch or 9x9-inch pan.
- Bake in a 350° oven for 40 minutes.
- Let cool 5 minutes; cut and enjoy.