Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
a healthy appetizer, that can be served for brunch.
- 1 (6 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 (6 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, liquid reserved
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄3 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) package cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- Pour marinade from 1 jar of artichoke hearts in skillet, heat and saute onion and garlic.
- Chop artichokes from each jar and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs, breadcrumbs, salt,pepper, oregeno, and hot sauce.
- Fold in cheese and parsley.
- Add artichokes and onions, and mix well.
- Spoon into a 9-inch square baking dish.
- Bake uncovered at 325 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Allow several minutes before cutting into squares to serve.
Easy and really good! I made half a recipe. The reserved artichoke liquid cooked away while the onion/garlic sauteed, and the mixture seemed a bit thick after adding the bread crumbs so I added two tablespoons half & half! I also topped the mixture with a few grates of Asiago cheese. Tagged for Rookie Recipes (due 11/30 with extension).
I made this for my church home-team. They loved them. Very easy to make and great at room temp.