Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
I love artichoke dip and use it to stuff chicken breasts so I decided to combine the two to make a tasty appetizer.
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 lb ground chicken
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup artichoke heart, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3⁄4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- Combine all ingredients except for the bread crumbs. Roll chicken mixture into one inch balls then coat with bread crumbs. (Note: If the mixture is sticky, dropping it into the bread crumbs first will enable you to roll it into ball form.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 40 minutes.
Made as per recipe but added sun-dried tomatoes for some extra taste. Squeezed liquids out of artichokes, as recommended - good advice. Made the mixture the day before baking them, it worked well - easier to roll into balls - after spending the night in the fridge. Served with balsamic creme on top. I thought it was fine, not amazing, but guests liked it a lot, almost all gone. Thank you for the recipe!
These were awesome! I cut the recipe in half as I was serving these as a side to a pasta dish instead of as an appetizer. I used a handful of vegetarian chicken substitute (Quorn) in place of the chicken and ground it up well in a food processor and in place of the garlic powder, added a bit more grated garlic and a dash of salt and pepper. I would recommend anyone who plans on making this recipe to give the artichokes a good squeeze in a kitchen towel before chopping as I can see this recipe would not hold up well if there was any extra water in them. I didn't have any italian breadcrumbs so I used panko crumbs and sprinkled in some basil. Yum Yum Yum! Even my picky DH happily ate these with a resounding "Mmm!". Thanks for a great recipe. I will be making this again!