Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This was a recipe I simply made up. I thought it would be a good idea but didn't want to bother with making it in the oven. So in the crock pot it went. I prepared it the night before in the Crock and then placed the Crock in the Pot the next morning and went to work and came home to dinner all done. Super easy.
- 1 (13 3/4 ounce) can artichoke hearts, not marinated
- 1 cup Italian cheese blend
- 2⁄3 cup Miracle Whip
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 -6 boneless skinless chicken breasts, can be frozen if you want
- I separated the artichoke heart leaves.
- In a bowl mix all the ingredients together. Except for the chicken breast, and cheese.
- Lay your chicken breast in the bottom of your crock pot.
- Pour the entire mixture over it.
- Set your crock pot on low for 6-8 hours. Can be sooner but I work for 8 hours a day.
- About 10 minutes before serving time, stir the Italian cheese into the sauce.
- Place the lid back on until the cheese is all blended in and melted.
- I served it with rice and peas.
- Feel free to adjust the amount of cheese. I believe you can never have too much cheese.
- Also to make it more nutrition friendly use reduced sodium or low fat cream of mushroom soup, fat free sour cream and fat free Miracle Whip and/or mayo.