Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Arranging the ingredients in a glass gives this dessert the look of a parfait. Mascarpone is a triple-cream cheese that's sold in tubs with the gourmet cheeses; you can substitute regular cream cheese, but it won't be as creamy. Got this one out of cooking light!
- 4 cups thinly sliced peeled Red Delicious apples (about 2 apples)
- 2⁄3 cup apple juice
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons raisins
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice, divided
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon rum flavoring
- 3 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat cinnamon graham cracker crumbs, divided (about 8 crackers)
- 1 cup non-fat vanilla frozen yogurt
- mascarpone cheese (optional)
- Combine first 6 ingredients and 1/4 tsp allspice in a medium saucepan.
- Cook 20 minutes over medium-low heat until apples are tender and mixture is slightly thick.
- Remove apple mixture from heat; let cool.
- Stir in 1/4 tsp allspice, vanilla, rum flavoring, and mascarpone.
- Spoon 1/4 cup apple mixture into each of 4 parfait glasses; sprinkle each with 1-1/2 Tbs crumbs.
- Top each with 1/4 cup yogurt, 1/4 cup apple mixture, and 1-1/2 Tbs crumbs.
- Garnish with additional mascarpone cheese, if desired.
- Serve immediately.