Arranging the ingredients in a glass gives this dessert the look of a parfait. Mascarpone is a triple-cream cheese that's sold in tubs with the gourmet cheeses; you can substitute regular cream cheese, but it won't be as creamy. Got this one out of cooking light!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups thinly sliced peeled Red Delicious apples (about 2 apples)
- 2/3 cup apple juice
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons raisins
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon rum flavoring
- 3 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 3/4 cup low-fat cinnamon graham cracker crumbs, divided (about 8 crackers)
- 1 cup non-fat vanilla frozen yogurt
- mascarpone cheese (optional)
- 1Combine first 6 ingredients and 1/4 tsp allspice in a medium saucepan.
- 2Cook 20 minutes over medium-low heat until apples are tender and mixture is slightly thick.
- 3Remove apple mixture from heat; let cool.
- 4Stir in 1/4 tsp allspice, vanilla, rum flavoring, and mascarpone.
- 5Spoon 1/4 cup apple mixture into each of 4 parfait glasses; sprinkle each with 1-1/2 Tbs crumbs.
- 6Top each with 1/4 cup yogurt, 1/4 cup apple mixture, and 1-1/2 Tbs crumbs.
- 7Garnish with additional mascarpone cheese, if desired.
- 8Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Apple Pie in a Glass
Serving Size: 1 (190 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 167.2
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 9.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 35.4 g
- Protein 0.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
cinnamon graham cracker crumbs
non-fat vanilla frozen yogurt