Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
For apple and cheese lovers.
- 6 -8 granny smith apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 3⁄4 cup sugar (more or less depending on the tartness of the apples)
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375°; butter a 6 cup casserole dish.
- Place apple slices into casserole dish; pour ½ cup water over the apple slices.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the sugar and flour together; cut in the butter using a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add in cheese and cinnamon; mix well.
- Sprinkle over apple slices.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until apples are tender and top is golden.