Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
After the sauce is cooked throw in cooked chicken or shrimp and serve with cooked fettuccini or thin spaghetti.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, finely chopped and divided (about 2 tablespoons, do not finely mince)
- 1 (8 ounce) packagefresh sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (can use more)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt (or use white salt or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces shredded colby-monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream (can use a little more)
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced (can use more)
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- In a large skillet over medium heat melt 1/3 butter; add in onion, garlic and sliced mushrooms, cook stirring until the onions are transparent.
- Stir in flour, chili flakes, salt and Italian seasoning; stir for 2 minutes.
- Slowly add in the milk and cream; bring to a boil stirring over medium heat until smooth, creamy and thickened.
- Reduce heat to low then stir in Parmesan cheese and shredded cheese blend; stir until the cheese has melted.
- Stir in the sour cream until smooth and heated through, then stir in the chopped tomatoes.
- Season with black pepper.
Delicious. Anything cheesy and alfredo-y is on the top of my list. I loved the freshness of the roma tomatoes added to it. I stuck to the recipe exactly and added shrimp. Thanks for sharing KITTENCAL!! Made for Let's P-A-R-T-Y December 2009 Cooking event.