Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
The cream cheese is what makes this sauce special, for the best results use only butter and heavy whipping cream.
- 2 tablespoons oil (not olive oil)
- 1 -2 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cut up in small pieces and slightly softened
- 2⁄3-3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup butter (no substitutes)
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream (unwhipped)
- milk, for thinning sauce
- fresh ground black pepper (optional)
- salt (to taste) (optional)
- In a large saucepan, lightly saute the garlic for about 3-4 minutes but do not brown.
- Add in the cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, butter and whipping cream; whisking constantly until smooth.
- Add more milk if the sauce is too thick.
- Stir until the sauce is very hot (bring just to a boil).
- Season with black pepper to taste.
- Toss fettuccine lightly with the sauce, coating well.
- Sprinkle with extra Parmesan cheese if desired.
I'm sorry but it's absolutely disgusting! It looks like white paint spread over noodles and it tastes like a parmesan smoothie. I don't understand what people see in this recipe.
This was so tastful!! At first I was nervous that with all the cream cheese, the actual alfredo taste would be comprimized...no way man! I sauted chicken with 1/2 cup yellow onion, 1 tsp italian herbs, and garlic pepper, set aside. I started my sauce mix.. it got pretty thick so I used 2 cups of milk in 1/4 cup inciments, it did the trick. Added 1/2 cup of mozz cheese with 1/4 cup of fresh minced italian parsley. Bioled up riggitoni and tossed the chicken with sauce together.....AMAZING!!!
This sauce is perfect and so easy to make! I've made it a few times. You don't need to add any milk, but I think adding just a little makes it taste better. In case you are thinking of making a lot of this ahead of time to reheat later: BAD IDEA. It becomes solid when completely cooled, and if you reheat it the butter seperates. It still comes out fine if you reheat for long enough, but in the time it takes to recombine, you could have just made it fresh. Anyway, great sauce. Much, much better than Olive Garden.