The cream cheese is what makes this sauce special, for the best results use only butter and heavy whipping cream.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons oil (not olive oil)
- 1 -2 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cut up in small pieces and slightly softened
- 2/3-3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup butter (no substitutes)
- 1/2 cup whipping cream (unwhipped)
- milk, for thinning sauce
- fresh ground black pepper (optional)
- salt (to taste) (optional)
- 1In a large saucepan, lightly saute the garlic for about 3-4 minutes but do not brown.
- 2Add in the cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, butter and whipping cream; whisking constantly until smooth.
- 3Add more milk if the sauce is too thick.
- 4Stir until the sauce is very hot (bring just to a boil).
- 5Season with black pepper to taste.
- 6Toss fettuccine lightly with the sauce, coating well.
- 7Sprinkle with extra Parmesan cheese if desired.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Alfredo Sauce Supreme
Serving Size: 1 (139 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 633.3
- Calories from Fat 585
- Total Fat 65.0 g
- Saturated Fat 36.1 g
- Cholesterol 178.9 mg
- Sodium 651.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 10.6 g