Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
The cream cheese is what makes this sauce special, for the best results use only butter and heavy whipping cream.
Top Review by Janine H.
I'm sorry but it's absolutely disgusting! It looks like white paint spread over noodles and it tastes like a parmesan smoothie. I don't understand what people see in this recipe.
- 2 tablespoons oil (not olive oil)
- 1 -2 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cut up in small pieces and slightly softened
- 2⁄3-3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup butter (no substitutes)
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream (unwhipped)
- milk, for thinning sauce
- fresh ground black pepper (optional)
- salt (to taste) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, lightly saute the garlic for about 3-4 minutes but do not brown.
- Add in the cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, butter and whipping cream; whisking constantly until smooth.
- Add more milk if the sauce is too thick.
- Stir until the sauce is very hot (bring just to a boil).
- Season with black pepper to taste.
- Toss fettuccine lightly with the sauce, coating well.
- Sprinkle with extra Parmesan cheese if desired.