Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe came from a Taste of Home cookbook. This meatloaf is so amazingly good, I can't even explain it! I love cheese and I have never seen a meatloaf recipe that has cheese just seeping out, and the different meats make it wonderful! Oh, it's good. My hubby raved about this one. It's also great on sandwiches the next day!
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 3 slices bacon, cut into little pieces
- 1 small onion, chopped into little pieces
- 2 ounces cubed cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb pork sausage
- Combine the meats in the food processor until blended evenly.
- Stir the other ingredients in by hand.
- (If you don't have a food processor, then mash all the meat together with a large fork or by hand and then put in mixer. Mix all the other ingredients in by hand).
- In a shallow baking pan, shape the mixture into an 8-1/2x4-1/2x 2-1/2 inch loaf. Bake at 350°F for 1-1/4 hours.
- Let it stand for a few minutes before serving.
Fla-vor-ful! The combination of meats make this the yummiest tasting meatloaf ever! My hubby inhaled it :) I served it with macaroni and cheese and southern style green beans....and of course, applesauce! Thanks Sarah for the great recipe!
This was a great meatloaf. I liked the bacon in this and the cubed cheese is a nice touch. Thanks for sharing. Made for ZWT 6.
This is certainly a very good meatloaf! I tried to get minced pork with no success, so resorted to skinning half a packet of pork sausages! I did sautee the onion gently, before adding it, since DD1 adores meatloaf but is not a huge onion lover, particularly uncooked. It cooks beautifully .. it does release a lot of fat! but a good firm moist meatloaf, with plenty of flavour, that does indeed make very good eating on sandwiches the next day! I served this with mashed potatoes, green beans and gravy, for a wonderful comfort dinner! Thank you, Sarah!