A local diner served a version of a "hot brown" sandwich, baked in an individual gratin dish. When they closed, we all missed that dish and have tried to get as close as possible to the recipe. This is the best attempt and produces a truly cheesy sauce with potential for lots of different uses. Assemble the dish either in individual, oven-safe ramekins or a 9x13 casserole dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix all ingredients in medium saucepan and heat til cheese is melted and sauce is blended. Add more milk if too thick.
- 2Assemble individual dishes by putting a slice of white bread, torn into pieces, into the dish and top with cooked, sliced turkey breast.
- 3Pour sauce over.
- 4Garnish with crumbled bacon and a little chopped tomato.
- 5Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes or until begins to brown on top.
- 6If making a larger casserole, assemble in same order.
- 7May need to bake a little longer.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesiest "hot Brown" Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (100 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 377.0
- Calories from Fat 263
- Total Fat 29.3 g
- Saturated Fat 18.3 g
- Cholesterol 99.1 mg
- Sodium 1482.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 19.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
cheese pasta sauce