Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
A good way to use up left over mash.These cakes freeze well and can also be adjusted to suit your taste or what you have on hand.e.g you could add grated carrot,corn ,pepper, chilli etc.You could also use Italian seasoning instead of cayenne or even add cooked chicken and cook in larger muffin trays for a healthy hand held pie.
- 2 cups cooked mashed potatoes
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cheese
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese (optional)
- cashew nuts, chopped
- 1 egg
- breadcrumbs (I put 1 slice bread with two teaspoons of butter in my food processor)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 350F/180°C.
- Grease a 12 cupcake tin or baking sheet.
- Fry off onion and garlic.
- Mix all ingredients in a big bowl.
- Make into patties or pack into cupcake tray.