Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A fun twist to the popular Philly Cheesesteak Hoagie. A small dinner salad and ice tea completes a Sunday evening meal.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 small green pepper, slivered
- 1 (14 ounce) packagefrozen beef, separated into 8 portions
- 1 (10 1/4 ounce) can cheddar cheese soup, condensed
- 1 jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 4 pita breads, cut in half forming two pockets each (6")
- Heat oil in skillet.
- Add onion and green pepper.
- Cook until tender.
- Add sandwich steaks and cook until browned.
- Pour off fat.
- Add soup and mushrooms and heat through.
- Spoon meat mixture into pita pockets.