A great way to combine two of my favorite sandwiches.
Make and share this Cheesesteak Panini recipe from Food.com.
- 170.09 g Steak-ums or 170.09 g shaved rib eye steaks
- 2 slice French bread (thin large oval slices)
- 56.69 g provolone cheese or 56.69 g American cheese or 56.69 g Cheese Whiz
- 118.29 ml sliced onions (or a combination) or 118.29 ml mushrooms (or a combination) or 118.29 ml green pepper (or a combination)
- 29.58-44.37 ml butter
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- banana peppers (optional) or pickle (optional)
- Saute the vegetables in half the butter on a stove top griddle until soft, then top with the thinly sliced steaks, cooking until cooked through, seasoning to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place cheese on bread with steak and veggie mix and top with peppers or pickles if you like.
- Place bread slices together, butter each outer side and place on a panini maker, George Foreman grill, or griddle with bacon press.
- Grill sandwich until outside is crisp and golden, turning if you make it on the stove top griddle.
This was a quick and tasty meal. I made them with grilled steak, mushroom, green pepper and onion. Topped with provolone on my panini maker. Delish!
These were absolutely -- without a doubt --awesome and the perfect meal to throw together when your train is late getting home and you have a starving family. I used deli roast beef chopped and warmed in beef broth, but I really like the idea of using the steak-ums and will do that next time. I used the cheeze whiz for the cheese and added the onion and green pepper. I could probably eat these once a week they are so good!!! My daughter opened hers and added the oil and vinegar sub sauce to hers and loved it that way too. Thanks for posting, definitely a keeper.