Recipe by *Parsley*
This is a rather quick, yet yummy recipe. You don't have to use the onions, pepper or mushrooms if you don't want.
Top Review by Chef AngieW
I made this and used the filling suggested. For the dough I used the recipe for calzone in bread machine. I then divided the dough in half and rolled it into 2 circles. I put chipped steak, peppers, onions and mushrooms, ricotta cheese and mozzarella instead of american. I folded dough over filling and pinched sides shut. Then I brushed with olive oil and italian seasoning and cut slits in it. Very tasty with pizza sauce!
- 1 (10 ounce) packagerefrigerated pizza dough
- 14 ounces Steak-ums (frozen chipped steak)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup sliced mushrooms (canned OK) (optional)
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 6 slices white American cheese
- 1 -2 cup pizza sauce, for dipping
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In large skillet, cook chipped steak with onion until meat is no longer pink. Break up meat with spatula and drain meat.
- Lightly grease an 11" x 14" cookie sheet. Gently spread dough out on cookie sheet to a rectangle about 1/4" to 1/2" thick. Spoon ricotta cheese down the middle lengthwise. Arrange cooked chipped steak/onion mix on top. Top with green peppers and mushrooms (if using them). Top with slices of American cheese. Gently fold long ends together, pressing down seams to seal. Bake at 400 for about 20 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Serve with hot pizza sauce for dipping.