Recipe by Heather Beldin
My sister always made these when I visited her in Fla. and they are so good. As soon as I make a pan of these they are gone in seconds. If you're a cheese lover they are the best.
- 1 package shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup Hellman's mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 loaf Pepperidge Farm white bread
Directions See How It's Made
- Take loaf of bread. Cut out 1 in. circles out of slices of bread (should get 4 or 5 circles out of 1 slice.) When all slices are cut into circles, put them on a cookie sheet.
- Turn your broiler on and toast one side of the bread for only a minute. WATCH THEM SO THEY DON'T BURN.
- When they are toasted on one side take them out and flip the circles over. Set the circles aside and preheat oven to 350.
- Take a bowl and mix all the ingredients together and spoon about a tsp. of mixture onto the circles of bread not toasted.
- When you have all the mixture on circles, put in the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Watch them; when cheese is melted and bubbly it is done.
- Don't bake longer than 10 minutes. Serve immediately.