Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
My sister always made these when I visited her in Fla. and they are so good. As soon as I make a pan of these they are gone in seconds. If you're a cheese lover they are the best.
- 1 package shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup Hellman's mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 loaf Pepperidge Farm white bread
- Take loaf of bread. Cut out 1 in. circles out of slices of bread (should get 4 or 5 circles out of 1 slice.) When all slices are cut into circles, put them on a cookie sheet.
- Turn your broiler on and toast one side of the bread for only a minute. WATCH THEM SO THEY DON'T BURN.
- When they are toasted on one side take them out and flip the circles over. Set the circles aside and preheat oven to 350.
- Take a bowl and mix all the ingredients together and spoon about a tsp. of mixture onto the circles of bread not toasted.
- When you have all the mixture on circles, put in the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Watch them; when cheese is melted and bubbly it is done.
- Don't bake longer than 10 minutes. Serve immediately.
I also added some garlic and substituted red pepper flakes for cayenne pepper. These were excellent!
The end result is super! I added a bit of fresh salsa as a topping because we do enjoy spice. I took away a star because you do not give the size of the cheese package and I would like to know how many the recipe makes- 4-6 servings is very helpful but I would like to know how many in each serving or apprx how many pieces it makes - We loved them Thanks for posting the recipe
This is a great recipe! I love anything with cheese. I'll make a bunch for the kids and then with what's left, I add 1-2 cloves fresh garlic to the mix for a spicier kick that goes great with the sharp cheddar. Thank you for your recipe, we love it!!