Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Scones are a Scottish quick bread traditionally triangular-shaped and made with oats.
Make and share this Cheese'n Dill Scones recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons dried dill weed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup cold butter (NO margarine)
- 5 ounces shredded cheddar cheese (1-1/3 cups)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine flour, parsley, baking powder, dill weed and salt in medium bowl,cust in butter until crumbly.
- stir in 1 cup cheese.
- Add sour cream, milk and eggs; mix until just moistened.
- Turn dough onto lightly floured surface.
- Knead until smooth (1 minute).
- Divide dough in half; roll out each half into 8-inch circle.
- Cut each circle into 8 wedges.
- Please each wedge 1 inch apart onto ungreased baking sheet.
- Sprinkle each with about 1 teaspoonful of cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 13 to 18 minutes or until lightly browned.