Recipe by Ben Ross
This is a great burger that will be a hit at a BBQ or at a family meal. You must like hot food and if you don't like hot food you do not know what you are missing.
- 500 g ground beef
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 slices cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper sauce
- 1 green chili pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all the ingredients together except the cheese slices and chiles.
- Shape the mixture into 10 thin patties, each about 10cm in diameter.
- Place 1 cheese slice and 1 tsp of the chiles on each of 5 patties.
- Then place the remaining 5 patties on top of the cheese and peppers sealing the edges of the patty's firmly so that the cheese and peppers are the filling of the burgers.
- Grill the patties on high heat, turning once, until they are cooked as desired.