Recipe by Pinay0618
This old-fashioned recipe comes from the CH Guenther & Son 150th Anniversary Cookbook. I use this crust recipe quite a lot, because I just don't care for graham cracker crusts - but my go-to cheesecake filling recipe is Junior's Famous Cheesecake, #17927.
- 6 ounces zwieback cookies
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 dash salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 24 ounces small curd cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 cup flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325. Roll zwieback fine, mix with 1 cup of sugar, cinnamon, and the melted butter, and set aside 1/4 of the mixture to sprinkle over the top.
- Butter a 9-inch spring form pan; spread and press zwieback mixture on bottom and side of form.
- For the Filling: Beat eggs with sugar until light, add salt, lemon and vanilla. Stir in the cream, then add cheese and flour, mixing until smooth.
- Strain through a fine sieve, or pour into food processor, or in batches in a food processor, and process until smooth.
- 5 Pour into zwieback-lined form, sprinkle remaining zwieback crumb on top, and bake for 1 hour.
- 6 Turn off heat, let stand in oven for 1 hour, or until cooled. Remove rim of spring form pan and place with tin bottom on serving plate.