1/1 Photo of Cheesecake With Minted Blackberries
Little Suzy Homemaker's Note:
This is from Gourmet in August 2008. Yummy! Prep time does not include about 6 hours inactive cooling and chilling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the Crust
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup blanched almond, finely chopped
For the Filling
- 24 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup half-and-half
- 3 large eggs
For the Blackberries
- 1For the Crust: Preheat oven to 350 degrees with rack in the middle. Line a 9-inch square baking pan with 2 criss-crossed sheets of foil, leaving an overhang on 2 sides, then lightly butter foil. Beat together butter and brown sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Reduce speed to low and add flour and almonds, mixing until combined and dough begins to clump together. Press onto bottom of baking pan with floured fingers. Bake just until a shade darker and edges begin to pull away from pan, 20-30 minutes. Cool crust completely in pan.
- 2For the filling and Bake: Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees. Beat together cream cheese, sugar and flour with cleaned beaters at medium speed until smooth, about 1-2 minutes. Reduce speed to low and add half-and-half, then eggs 1 at a time, mixing until incorporated. Pour filling in crust. Bake in a hot water bath until set 1 1/2 inches from edge, but center is still wobbly, 40-45 minutes. (Center will set as it cools) Transfer pan to rack and cool completely, about 2 hours. Chill, uncovered, at least 2 hours.
- 3Using foil overhang, lift cheesecake from pan and peel off foil before cutting into small rectangles. Top each serving with Mnted Blackberries.
- 4For the Minted Blackberries:.
- 5Stir together all ingredients in a bowl or airtight container and let macerate at room temperature for 30 minutes. Blackberries can be chilled after macerating for up to 2 hours.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesecake With Minted Blackberries
Serving Size: 1 (234 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 660.1
- Calories from Fat 410
- Total Fat 45.6 g
- Saturated Fat 23.4 g
- Cholesterol 189.1 mg
- Sodium 311.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 39.0 g
- Protein 11.8 g