Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
This is from Gourmet in August 2008. Yummy! Prep time does not include about 6 hours inactive cooling and chilling time.
For the Crust
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup blanched almond, finely chopped
For the Filling
- 24 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 3 large eggs
For the Blackberries
- 3 cups blackberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped mint
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- For the Crust: Preheat oven to 350 degrees with rack in the middle. Line a 9-inch square baking pan with 2 criss-crossed sheets of foil, leaving an overhang on 2 sides, then lightly butter foil. Beat together butter and brown sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Reduce speed to low and add flour and almonds, mixing until combined and dough begins to clump together. Press onto bottom of baking pan with floured fingers. Bake just until a shade darker and edges begin to pull away from pan, 20-30 minutes. Cool crust completely in pan.
- For the filling and Bake: Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees. Beat together cream cheese, sugar and flour with cleaned beaters at medium speed until smooth, about 1-2 minutes. Reduce speed to low and add half-and-half, then eggs 1 at a time, mixing until incorporated. Pour filling in crust. Bake in a hot water bath until set 1 1/2 inches from edge, but center is still wobbly, 40-45 minutes. (Center will set as it cools) Transfer pan to rack and cool completely, about 2 hours. Chill, uncovered, at least 2 hours.
- Using foil overhang, lift cheesecake from pan and peel off foil before cutting into small rectangles. Top each serving with Mnted Blackberries.
- For the Minted Blackberries:.
- Stir together all ingredients in a bowl or airtight container and let macerate at room temperature for 30 minutes. Blackberries can be chilled after macerating for up to 2 hours.
I reviewed this, but my review never appeared?? Fast version -- this was superb. The family loved it, and it was fun to make -- it felt like a really special recipe with the lemon, mint, blackberries, etc. Thanks!